Thursday, October 17, 2013

Progress of Own Self Learning and Self Analysis

Standard 9/1
Progress of Own Learning/Self Analysis

It's been a wild ride full of ups and downs this first quarter. I can't say truthfully that I am entirely satisfied with how I have performed in the class thus far; and I feel as though I can improve in several areas.

Organization- I really need to start keeping a more organized binder in order to ensure that I don't lose important data and let me team down like I have done in the past with the Brine Shrimp Lab. My organizational skills must improve if I wish to reach the level of success I want in this class...

My Blogs- I need to keep more up to date on my blogs. I often find myself falling three or four blogs at a time and then desperately struggling to make up ground at the last minute. Keeping up to date on my blogs will require me to become much more proactive and responsible for adding my blogs immediately after each class...

Attention in Class- I often find myself becoming distracted in class and this sometimes reflects on my performance on tests and quizzes. I need to learn to stay on task at all times and not be distracted my friends, daydreams, or any other things that will take my attention away from the class...

Overall Strengths- I performed very well on the first test and thoroughly grasped the concepts of diffusion and osmosis. I also rocked the House Case and completely understand how to write the Cases which will help me in the future class. I also have a strong grasp of modern evolutionary theory and feel as though I have kept up to date on the information learned in class...

Overall Weaknesses- I struggled with the Hardy Weinberg calculations and need to learn how to do these calculations if I wish to fully grasp all of the concepts we have studied so far. Other than calculations, I feel as though I have a strong grasp on the rest of the material, but need to learn how the standard based grading works...

All in all, I am optimistic and excited for what the future will hold!


No comments:

Post a Comment